Published: August 21, 2017
Job Title: Event Manager
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 per annum, plus bonus
Type Of Employment: Full-time
The Incisive Media Operations team runs approximately 150 events a year. Its event portfolio includes training courses, seminars, roundtables, luncheons, conferences, senates, exhibitions and awards dinners for between 10-2,000 people. The events are integrally linked to the division’s publications and their readership provides the main customer base for its events.
We are now seeking an Event Manager to work closely with the other members of the event operations team to ensure the professional and efficient organisation of all event logistics. You will be required to deliver high quality events on time and within budget.
*Career progression: the role would suit someone looking for a step up in their career i.e. an Event Coordinator or executive*
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Professional and timely delivery of selected events. These may include seminars, round tables, conferences, awards and dinners and on-line events, some of which may take place outside of London.
- Excellent cost management resulting in their team’s events being delivered on time and within budget.
- Identifying and negotiating suitable venues to ensure the best possible space, rates and contract terms and conditions are secured.
- Strong customer focus through the development of excellent client relationships with speakers, sponsors and delegates.
- Supervision of event suppliers during the planning and execution of events.
- Production of onsite event branding including signage, printed collaterals, give-aways, badges and website information.
- Development of strong project team work to ensure close cooperation between the events marketing, production and sales teams.
- Support of the rest of the event operations team in delivery of events as required from time to time.
- Proven experience managing logistics for successful sponsored corporate events, ideally in the financial or publishing industries
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly numerate with strong budget management
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Highly motivated and able to work well autonomously or as part of a team
- Proven skills in developing strong supplier relationships
- Ability to thrive in a pressurised work environment and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook & Adobe
What’s on offer:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Our training & development courses are available online for employees to book directly on to (hassle free!). Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s West End, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Onsite Monthly Massage
- Free eye tests
- Retail discounts
- Staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including Private Medical Insurance, health screening, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Gym Discounts, and many more!
How to apply:
Are you keen to join the Incisive Family? Click on ‘I’m Interested’ to start your journey.
If this isn’t the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable? Click on ‘Refer a friend’ to recommend someone.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!