Event Admission: Terms & Conditions
1. By registering for and/or attending the Event (as defined below), participants are bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions. It is the individual’s responsibility to read and understand these Terms and Conditions.
2. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions the “Event” means the event the details of which are as confirmed in the written booking arrangements between the participant and Incisive Business Media Limited (“Incisive”) and/or its group companies;
3. In order to attend the Event, participants must pay in full or have paid in full on their behalf the relevant Registration Fee (if applicable) immediately on booking or by the Due Date.
4. The Registration Fee does not include any travel costs, or any costs of accommodation. The Registration Fee relates solely to attendance at the Event.
5. If an invoice is requested, payment will be required by return but not later than prior to the Event. If payment is not received within these required time limits, Incisive reserves the right to cancel the booking without notice. Payment may be made by cheque, credit card or bank transfer. Please indicate your Booking Reference and surname as a reference on all bank transfers and communications.
6. Details of the participant’s place at the Event will be confirmed by Incisive once the completed booking is received by Incisive. Confirmation by Incisive of the place at the Event forms a binding commitment for payment of the full relevant Registration Fee(s) by the individual participant.
7. Places at the Event are limited and are subject to availability.
8. Payments for the Event are non-refundable.
9. A request that the participant’s confirmed booking is transferred to a colleague may be made by giving written notice to Incisive. Incisive reserves the right to accept or deny a request for such a transfer. No transfer or assignment of a booking other than to a colleague is permitted.
10. Incisive reserves the right to cancel a participant’s place at any time and for whatever reason (including without limitation cancellation of the Event) on repayment of the Registration Fee, or whatever proportion of the Registration Fee it has actually received; and this repayment shall be in full and final settlement of any claims against Incisive by the participant relating to his/her place at the Event.
11. In the event of fire, flood or without limit other causes that Incisive reasonably believes to be substantial or that are beyond Incisive’s control, Incisive reserves the right to change the times, dates and the venues of the Event, without incurring any liability to the participant.
12. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. These Terms and Conditions, together with the registration form, constitute the entire agreement of the parties and may be executed by electronic signature. The participant hereby waives any and all rights to dispute the validity, legality or enforceability of such method of execution as evidence of the existence of legal relations pursuant to this agreement for the purposes of proceedings issued in respect of their terms. In entering into this agreement, the parties have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in this agreement. Each participant shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them in all respects.
14. These Terms and Conditions may not be modified, amended or rescinded, in whole or in part, except by written amendments signed by both parties.
15. To the full extent allowed by law and insofar as it is reasonable to do so, the participant agrees not to hold Incisive liable for any damage or loss suffered or incurred by the them during the course of the Event, including consequential (i.e. losses which are not incurred as a direct consequence of the Event leading to any claim) or indirect losses or loss of profit, through registering for the Event, attending the Event, alteration of the Event schedule, cancellation of the Event, or any error or omission on the part of Incisive. This provision does not reduce or restrict Incisive’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or fraud.
16. By accepting these Terms and Conditions the participant warrants that he is attending the Event in the course of his or her business and indemnifies Incisive and its staff and agents against all or any loss or damage, injury, actions, proceedings or claims arising from any act or omission of the individual during the course of the Event.
17. Participants are responsible for taking appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the Event. Where the individual participant is travelling from outside of the United Kingdom to attend the Event, appropriate travel insurance should be purchased independently and in advance of any travel or travel bookings.
18. Photographs will be taken at the Event by an official photographer, which may be used in post-Event publicity and on future marketing materials. By completing and submitting the Booking Form, the participant consents to the official photographer taking such photographs, which may feature the participant and/or his/her guests, and the use of such photographs as described and, where applicable, undertakes to ensure that all of his/her guests attending the Event are made aware of the use of the official photographer and consent accordingly to their photograph being taken as described. If the participant or any of his/her guests do not want their photograph to be taken or used in this way, Incisive must be notified prior to the Event.
19. The views expressed by any speaker at the Event are representative of the speaker’s own opinions and cannot in any way be attributed to Incisive. Incisive disclaims any liability for views expressed by any speaker at the Event.
20. Incisive is not liable for the content of any entertainment provided. Incisive has taken reasonable checks to ensure that it is appropriate for the Event.
21. Where tickets/admission documents for the Event are posted to the participant, the risk in the goods shall pass to the participant upon the items being posted to the address given by the participant.
22. In the event of inappropriate behaviour by any individual in the view of Incisive or the Event venue operator, they may be refused entry or asked to leave and excluded from the Event without refund or compensation.
23. Reasonable security searches at the Event venue will take place.
24. The details of the Event shown in any material supplied by Incisive to the customer are correct at the time of printing but the participant shall be responsible for checking with Incisive that no alterations have been made.