Published: June 19, 2019
Location: Covent Garden, London
Incisive Media is seeking an editor-in-chief for Investment Week, the UK’s leading brand for the asset management community since 1995. The EiC will also be the ultimate editorial leader of three other brands – Professional Adviser, Cover and Retirement Planner.
Job Title: Editor-in-chief
Location: London (Covent Garden), United Kingdom
Type Of Employment: Full-time
The EiC will be the ‘face’ and the ‘voice’ of Investment Week, representing the brand – and sometimes the others in the portfolio too – at its own conferences and award shows, as well as wider industry and b2b media events, as well as fronting video and podcasts.
The EiC will lead a 16-strong team of editors and journalists, and will work with them and the group editorial director to establish our brands as the number one destination for UK-based wealth management professionals.
The EiC will be expected to build and maintain a network of personal relationships with key influencers within the asset management community, work with the IW and other editorial teams to ensure that the day-to-day content is of the highest editorial standard, work with the events and marketing teams to ensure the division’s live events met the evolving needs of the target audience, and work with the commercial leadership team to drive NPD.
The role would ideally suit a successful editor in the investment sector or elsewhere in financial services, or someone who is looking to move into this exciting and dynamic world.
Incisive Media is an award-winning information provider, serving a wide range of financial, business technology and professional services markets globally. As PPA’s B2B Digital Publisher of the Year for three years running we are an entrepreneurial, creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media with a flexible-working culture. Incisive Media is a fantastic place to progress your career.
What you will be doing
We are looking for an editor with a track-record of delivering and developing high-quality editorial coverage, ideally for some part of the financial services community, although this is not essential.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
– working with the editors and journalists in the group to ensure day-to-day editorial content is of the highest standard
– developing a public persona to become the ‘face’ and ‘voice’ of IW
– acting as one of the chief presenters on IW videos and podcasts
– acting as IW’s chief opinion writer and top-level feature/longform writer
– building and maintaining a network of personal relationships with key influencers within the asset management community
– working with the events and marketing teams to ensure the division’s live events meet the evolving needs of the target audience
– working with the managing director and group editorial director to contribute NPD ideas
– working with the group editorial director and product manager to the improve the UX for target users
– working with the group editorial director to evolve the content strategy of IW and the other brands
What we value
* Proven leadership skills in a senior editorial role
* Evidence of personal dynamism, creativity, energy and passion
* A learning-mindset – always looking to develop their experience and skills, as well as those of their team
* Personal values in line with the company’s culture: teamwork, collaboration, inclusion, integrity, respect, fairness, consistency
* Market-knowledge – or the ability to acquire it quickly
* The ability to establish good relations with people quickly
* The ability to represent a brand like IW in a public arena – e.g. speaking from a podium, chairing live debates
* The ability to present on video and audio
* A strong work ethic
* A positive outlook
* A good sense of humour
How to apply
Click on ‘I’m Interested’ to start your journey.
If this isn’t the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable? Click on ‘Refer a friend’ to recommend someone.
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
Plus a number of salary sacrifice benefits including cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments and many more!