Asset Management Correspondent
Published: February 12, 2019
Location: London, Covent Garden
Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000,
Location: Covent Garden, London
Type Of Employment: Full-time
Industry: Media / Publishing
Incisive Media is an award winning information provider, serving a wide range of financial, business technology and professional services markets globally. An entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media.
Investment Week provides the latest investment news, analysis and opinion for wealth managers and the UK funds industry and has been the premier publication for the investment industry for more than 20 years. The print and digital editions serve investment professionals in the UK and are read by key decision-makers such as chief investment officers, multi-managers, investment gatekeepers and wealth managers. https://www.investmentweek.co.uk/
We cover all aspects of the industry, including asset allocation, fund and product analysis, regulation, market and economic issues.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for an asset management correspondent with experience of financial journalism that can join the team in uncovering exclusive news stories as well as producing data-led features and analysis.
- Build the Investment Week Brand by establishing and developing relationships among our readers and industry contacts
- Start building a good knowledge of a wide range of industry issues
- Produce engaging and original content across platforms including print, online, video and social media
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the information needs of the broad IW audiences
- Supporting the Special Projects Editor in developing data-driven analysis of key topics that are valuable to Investment Week’s core audience of professionals who research and select funds
- Generate exclusive news on the people, companies and topics within it, as well as delivering original instant and long-form pieces of analysis and research on the wider implications of those stories
- Use own initiative to generate original story and analysis ideas which can be used at the front of the magazine or to lead emails
- Generate ideas for video, podcasts and live conference sessions – as well as presenting/narrating those sessions, where required
- Keep a close eye on other information sources for ideas we can develop for our readers
- Work closely with rest of the IW team on ideas and industry coverage, including weekly early shifts
- Represent IW in the market and attend key events, both within and outside normal office hours
- Use your best efforts to meet agreed deadlines, which may occasionally require working outside of normal office hours
- Written work should be accurate and well-structured
What we value:
- A good degree or equivalent
- Good experience of writing news, features, analysis, interviews
- Proven track record of seeking out off-diary and exclusive analysis, features or news and data-led articles.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of meeting short and long-term deadlines
- Able to work across multiple platforms including print, online, social media and video
- Start being able to generate own ideas and develop longer-term stories
- Must be able to manage a busy workload
How to Apply:
Are you keen to join the Incisive Family? Click on ‘I’m Interested’ to start your journey.
If this isn’t the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable? Click on ‘Refer a friend’ to recommend someone.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
What you can expect from us:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Health Cash Plan (company paid)
- Life assurance
- Childcare Vouchers*
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Corporate gym membership
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IM Foundation – staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
Plus a number of salary sacrifice benefits including cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments and many more!
*Applicable for existing members only