Business Development Manager
Published: February 5, 2020
Location: Covent Garden, London
Incisive Media is an award-winning information provider, serving a wide range of financial, business technology and professional services markets globally. An entrepreneurial and creative, events first company on the cutting edge of media.
What you will be doing:
This is a role for an experienced media sales professional reporting to the Managing Director of the Technology Group. This revenue-generating role will be instrumental in the expansion of BusinessGreen specifically working across BG’s series of market-leading events Covering all aspects of the sales cycle from sourcing prospects to closing the business the successful candidate will be expected to develop and manage their own clients.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: London, United Kingdom
Type Of Employment: Full-time
Industry: Media / Publishing
Experience: Experienced Level
The candidate will be required to speak with key decision makers such as Marketing Directors and C level executives to initially win and ultimately retain the business. A knowledge and understanding of event sales will be key as well as an interest in the ever-expanding sustainability sector
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maximising your own sales results in conjunction with your managers and brand strategy
- Monitor competitor activity and win new business from them
- Identify and capitalise on new business opportunities both within the UK & globally
- Present and pitch to new prospect accounts both face to face and over the phone
- Manage the entire sales process from prospecting, presenting, negotiation, closing to account handling
- Attend relevant industry events to keep up to date with what’s going on in the market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of winning new business
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Ability to build strong business relationships at senior management level within marketing, departmental and strategic business areas.
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to adapt your sales style to different client types/personalities.
- Previous experience in business to business/corporate media sales is essential.
- Having a background in technology markets is not essential but would be highly regarded.
What we value:
- Accountability: Core accountability to become a revenue generating member of the Enterprise Technology Group within a short period of time. Accept personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve excellent results with guidance within the first 3-6 months developing this into independent work
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapt easily to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities. Adapt approach, goals, and methods to achieve successful solutions and results in dynamic situations
- Communications Effectiveness: Convey clear, timely, persuasive messages that positively influence the thoughts and actions of our clients
- Decisiveness: Make timely decisions without sacrificing quality. In ambiguous circumstances, you will be expected to ask for advice prior to your final decision
- Interpersonal Influence: Influence others within your clients and internally with enthusiasm for your work and organisation’s objectives. Ensure that you challenge appropriately based on your personal or client knowledge
- Hunger to learn and don’t be afraid to ask questions
- Technical Skills: Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail and takes initiative to broaden knowledge
How to apply
Click on ‘I’m Interested’ to start your journey.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Health Cash Plan (company paid)
- Life assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Corporate gym membership
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IM Foundation – staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
Plus a number of salary sacrifice benefits including cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments and many more