Front End Developer
Published: July 2, 2018
Location: London (Covent Garden)
Job Title: Front End Developer
Salary: £33,000 – £38,000
Location: London (Covent Garden), United Kingdom
Type Of Employment: Full-time
Industry: Media / Publishing
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media and has won the coveted AOP ‘Digital Publisher of the Year’ award 3 times. Working in our two core markets, financial services and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and access to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
Excellent opportunity to work for an award winning B2B publisher in the heart of London. You will join a small in-house team looking after all digital properties of the company.
What you will be doing
You will maintain and develop the front-end code of Incisive Media’s digital products including implementing changes to existing templates and products, improving the code on existing templates and products and writing new code and templates for the next generation of Incisive Media’s digital products.
The role requires someone with excellent technical skills and strong design combined with a strong commercial focus and attention to detail.
The candidate will have a passion for digital development and design and stay up to date with the latest news, trends and processes from the world of digital design and development via twitter, blogs and events/hack days.
What we value
The candidate should have strong experience in a similar web design/developer role.
Essential technical skills required:
- Knowledge of CSS SASS
- Knowledge of WordPress, including understanding PHP back-end development associated with it
- Intermediate knowledge of AWS and Cloud-based hosting/infrastructure platforms
- Responsive design principles, experience of using media queries to present components dependent on screen size
- Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop or Fireworks, Dreamweaver or other HTML editor
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Able to produce work to best practice usability and accessibility standards
- Experience of building and maintaining sites using a CMS
- Knowledge of versioning tools, such as GIT
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Knowledge of Grunt
- Frameworks or tools for rapid prototyping
- Experience of cross-browser testing and testing processes, resulting compatibility issues and ways to work around them
Personal skills required:
- Customer-focused, responsible and self-motivated
- Hard working and consistently able to meet deadlines
- Flexible, co-operative and adapts well to change
- Proactive and positive approach to problem solving
- Learns quickly, uses initiative, and can work under pressure
- Works well within a team environment, and has a good understanding of business constraints
- Demonstrates an aptitude for design and technical ability and a good eye for detail
- Able to manage workload to meet multiple deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively in English both written and spoken to all levels of the organisation
- Keeps informed of latest news and trends in UX, UI design and development
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Health Cash Plan (company paid)
- Life assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Corporate gym membership
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IM Foundation – staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
- Plus a number of salary sacrifice benefits including cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments and many more!